Monday 26 May 2014

Product Review: The Balm Meet Matt(e) Nude Matte Eyeshadow Palette

I purchased this palette about a month back using David Jones vouchers which I'd had hanging around in my handbag for months.  I was dying to get my hands on this palette after watching Lauren Curtis' Smokey Eyes for Beginners Tutorial on YouTube.



Saturday night my husband and I had a Charity Ball to go to so I thought there's no better time to bust out My Meet Matt(e) palette for a little smokey eye action.  Unfortunately we were running a little late and I forgot to take photos of the finished look.  The only pics I do have are my husbands' selfies and some crazy black & white pics from the photo booth at the event.

However, the end look aside, I'd like to share with you just how much i loved using this palette. To create the look I wanted, after priming my eyes, I used Matt Rosen & Matt Wood in the crease.  I then built up the smokey look using Matt Garcia on the lid and in the crease and finally I used Matt Johnson in the outer corner and under the lower lash line.

The colours glide on so smoothly, blend so easily and are highly pigmented.  I'm pretty sure this is going to make it into my top palettes list.  The only problem I have now is the impact to my bank balance because all I want to do is go and purchase every other palette made by The Balm. Unfortunately the are on the pricier side at $42 for this one.  So I think I'll be waiting a while for my next one as I'm pretty sure I've well and true used up my cosmetics allowance this month for the next quarter.

Cathie May
xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment